onsdag 15 januari 2014

Återvunnet inlägg: Jakten på en mor.

Jag gjorde det här inlägget för ett halvår sedan. Hittade trailern igen och blev lika fascinerad igen så jag lägger upp den på nytt. Nu kan jag dessutom bidra med en Facebooklänk och en länk till projektets hemsida.





Rachel Elizabeth Seed:
"This project began when I uncovered some boxes of short films at my dad's house about the photographic icons Henri Cartier-Bresson, Bruce Davidson, Cornell Capa, Lisette Model, W. Eugene Smith, William Albert Allard, Don McCullin, and others. My mother, Sheila Turner-Seed had directed and edited the films in the early '70s. Since she died so long ago, I thought maybe I could learn more about her life if I retraced their origins.

I discovered that her raw interviews had been sitting like a time capsule at the International Center of Photography since 1979 when my dad sent them there for safekeeping. This led me to start A Photographic Memory, a film celebrating my mother's life and work, as well as ICP founder Cornell Capa's vision for photography."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar